IL2007: Computers

Lee Rainey asked what a librarian who isn’t an Internet Librarian would be.  It’s a good question.  I have one more question.  Given the commonplace nature of scenes like these at Internet Librarian 2007…


Vendors demonstrating online products to librarians


Librarians checking email (there was ALWAYS a line)


Four librarians in a row, all looking down at their laptops and not up at the presenter


A typical conference session, with high laptop saturation

…How is it acceptable that 25% of sessions had no wireless access at all, and at least 25% of wireless users failed to get online in the other 75% of sessions?

Conference technology standards MUST change.

3 comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s