Woke up slow this morning, listening to NPR and dozing and hoping, knowingly in vain, that I’d get a snow day today. Nope. Got dressed in clothes that specifically allowed me to wear one of the pairs of earrings I made last night, then more cold pizza for breakfast, and a Diet Coke from the machine inside Kellas as I arrived for my meeting.
8-9: Chair campus Teaching and Learning with Technology Roundtable meeting, discussing Large Format Printing (posters for research, etc), the success of the recent TLT Day/IT Fair, updates on tech infrastructure on campus, and the results of the campus technology and teaching survey. Highlights: we need more tech training for both faculty and students, the search on the campus site needs to be a top priority, and nobody loves our calendaring software, but Blackboard is getting a better rep on campus.
9-10:30: Office time. Soundtrack: Yesterday’s mix of Sinead O’Connor, Pearl Jam, Depeche Mode, The Cure, and Concrete Blonde, with some added Violent Femmes and Jane’s Addiction.
- Talked with Angie.
- Forwarded two emails to the staff who I am asking to take point on the projects in question.
- Reviewed the LSW Friendfeed thread where I asked for help on identifying facilities peers. Awesome help.
- Deleted stuff in my email.
- Printed stuff from my email.
- Started composing message to campus contact for Facilities Master Plan about facilities peers.
- Cleaned up my desk (by moving piles, not really an effective long-term solution)
- Dragged my attention back to staff performance plans. Boring but vital, and they deserve more attention from me.
- Oh, look, we have a leak in the E’s. Staff are capably handling it; they’ll tell me if I need to do anything.
- Laughing that one of our students has beat me out of being Mayor of the library on FourSquare. I mean, sure, that makes SENSE, what with this being a student-centered institution, but… I wanted that! Must. check. in. more! (Yes, I am a dork.)
10:30-11: Regular monthly meeting with Distance Learning Coordinator.
11ish-12: Lunch! Took some reading over to the cafeteria so I could get a big salad and something indulgent for dessert, and sat and read and nibbled for an hour.
12-1:30: Work work work.
- Returned a call from Maryruth from Buff State about the SUNY Council of Library Directors spring meeting, and how to make it more useful to new directors. I suggested she should label us prominently on our nametags so that we can identify each other. 🙂
- Org chart work.
- Another fine appeal.
1:30-2: Regular monthly meeting with Special Projects Associate. Discussed student satisfaction survey, space reorganization, a few ongoing facilities issues, ILL, and outreach and programming for the lobby.
2-3: Office work — Library Tech coordinator came over to upgrade my F-Secure on the Parallels Windows installation, so I did a bunch of paperwork sorting and filing. Talked with the secretary about work-study issues, and talked with the archivist about faculty-relations issues.
3:00: Regular bi-weekly meeting with the Assistant Vice President for Information Technology, in which I toured that newly-finished and newly-renovated spaces they’re all working in now, and did some brainstorming about computer labs on campus, the library’s involvement in those, and space use. Hrm……
4-5: Work work work. Office stuff. Email stuff. Stuff.
5:00: Going over to the faculty art opening at the gallery to see work by my friends and colleagues, then home to do… something not work.